photo beingcryst2-22.jpg

Monday, September 12, 2011

Felting for the bunny

I started doing felt craft since secondary time. That time I used to sew teddies and whatsnot for my close friends. Believe it or not, I started doing it again after 10 freaking years..

Bought felt cloths in variety of colours when I was back in KL few months back. And coincidently the sewing supply shop carries some Japan imported guide books as well.

Of course I couldn't read a singe word from that book but to depend on the illustration alone.

Been working on a book for bunny since months ago but been procrastinating too much...

When I first started out with this project, I was thinking if I could maybe make a few and sell them online. And I could make it as a side business and occupy my free time. Perhaps I think too much, completing this book alone is already an achievement.


And finally after months of cutting and stitching...

TADA~!!!!
This is the cover. Initially I was thinking of putting bunny's name but unfortunately we haven't decided on a name for him...

I'm quite satisfied with the final result. What say you? ;)

I couldn't find any white/ black/ red visual stimulation book for bunny so I've decided to take this matter into my own hand..
Completed this within 2 days thank God..

I still have lots of leftover felt cloths and indecisive what to do with it.. Maybe decoration on his cot bed? ;)

7 loves:

Waileng Tan said...

FELT!!! Where do you buy them and how much? I've tried looking for them to make for my baby...

By the way, the book is beautiful. I wanted to make something like that for my daughter. But kinda stop short when I couldn't find any felt cloth (probably I've been looking at the wrong places all the time)

Anggie's Journal said...

oh dear oh dear ... this is sooooo beautiful and sure the lil bunny will love it ...

Wyson said...

gosh, u r one talented mummy.Im sure ur baby can feel the love in the book when he flipping through..

no worry bout the leftover, u r most welcome to make another felt book for my baby..im willing to receive it...hehehe..

Lings said...

I think that was a job well done on the book! It's amazing what people can do when they put their creative mind into gear!! lol

c r y s t said...

waileng: i got it from a sewing supply shop in usj! u can visit their online site here: www.maycraft.com :)

anggie: i'm hoping he'll like it too! ;)

wyson: haha! guess i need a really looooong time to finish up another book!!

lings: thanks girl, guess there's still rooms for improvement!

Anonymous said...

*loves* the baby book hun!
I want to make one for my daughter.. but.. aheem* i duno how.. where did you buy the book? Maybe i can look it up and try making one. :)

Side line biz.. fantastic idea... BUT be prepared of taking care of a baby. IT IS SO OVERWHELMING.. {at least for me it is la..} dowan to scare you.. but feel free to buzz me if u need any help and advice. ;)

xxx

c r y s t said...

i got it from a sewing supply shop in Taipan, USJ. U can checkout their website here: http://www.maycraft.my/

i can't foresee what lies ahead yet so i'll see how am i coping after he arrives before planning for other things.. but i guess i'll be so occupied with lil bunny!

thx girl, i visit yr blog on daily basis.. ;)